An insight into market trends, retailing, new product development and much more with business and product specialist Eddie Shanahan. This is a four session programme so please ensure that you can commit to all four dates. This programme will conclude with an exciting New Product Development Programme in 2021 – dates to be decided.
Dates 8th September , 22nd September, 6th October & 20th October.
Times: 10:30am – 1:00pm
Via ZOOM video conferencing
Session 1. Date : 8th. September
· Market trends, the new consumer and market segmentation
· Retail formats and multi channel retailing (including online challenges)
· Being a retailer (online or bricks & mortar) – customer focus, service, environment, merchandising & presentation, creating desire.
· Making an impact presentation in store and online to maximise sales.
Session 2 Date : 22nd. September
· Wholesale strategy for makers
· Trading terms & conditions
· What retailers want ? (the logistics of selling to retail buyers)
· Staff training / creating ambassadors
Session 3 Date : 6th. October
· The importance of differentiation
· Doing purpose / enabling consumers to buy
· Why do customers buy ?
· Pricing & adding value
Session 4 Date : 20th. October
· The Marketing Process & New Product Development
· Principles of design
· Sources of inspiration
· Briefing for new product development / presentation.
Eddie Shanahan specialises in business and product development for the fashion, craft and retail industries. His clients include designers, retailers, state agencies, blue chip corporations and emerging talent, in both the Irish and international marketplaces.
He is a Board Member of Design & Crafts Council Ireland, Chair of the Council of Irish Fashion Designers, Chair of Showcase Ireland (Ireland’s Creative Expo) and a member of the National Design Forum.
He regularly contributes to business and lifestyle programmes on radio and television.