Facebook offers small businesses an amazing and affordable way to get into the newsfeed of thousands of potential customer for just a few Euro. You can target people based on their location (10 miles from your town or within your county or nationwide) based on their age and gender, whether they are married, single or engaged and what they are interested in i.e. if they are interested in the product or service you offer. (Facebook owns Instagram so your ads will target people on both Instagram and Facebook.)
This course will explain how it works and how you could use it as a low cost highly targeted tool to promote your new business
Who is this course suitable for?
This is suitable for you if you already understand how to use Facebook as a free marketing tool. You do not need to have an Instagram account for your business.
Please note that this course is limited to Offaly and Westmeath Creative Industries.
Spaces are limited and are subject to availability – booking does not result in a guaranteed place on the training
This is a 3 hour LIVE online course which you can attend from your home or office using a PC / MAC or tablet (you will need to be able to hear sound either through speakers or headphones but you do not need a webcam). Please note that the larger the screen you use the better the experience will be.
How does it work?
Click on this link to watch a video which explains how the online course works
What is involved in an online course and how does this online course work?
As a course participant you…
- Need to download the free Zoom meeting software prior to the course – we will provide you with a download link.
- Can join the course on a PC / MAC / Smartphone or tablet (you will need to be able to hear sound either through speakers or headphones but you do not need a webcam).
- Will by default have your webcam switched off – this will give you privacy if you do not want to be seen. If you wish, you can switch your webcam on. Your trainer, Evan, will explain on the day how this works. Please note you do not need to have a webcam to participate.
- Participants will be able to ‘mute’ themselves throughout the course and ‘unmute’ themselves to be able to answer question. This will give people peace of mind that strangers cannot hear what is going on in the background (their kids / pets etc). It also ensures the smooth running of the course
- Will be able to “ask a question”. You can “virtually” raise your hand and Evan can then unmute you / or you can unmute yourself so you can ask a question. If you do not have a microphone then you can type a message for the trainer to see.
- Will be able to see Evan, the trainer, via his webcam.
- Will be able to see Evan’s screen and therefore see what he is demonstrating/referring to – just as you would in a physical training course.
Topics that we will cover
- Why businesses are choosing to advertise on Facebook and Instagram instead of just using them for free
- An overview of how the ads work
- How to target people (e.g. how to advertise to people who have recently visited your website or who like your competitors’ pages).
- How to design and write adverts that will convert into enquiries and sales
- How to run an ad campaign.
- How to monitor and analyse your advertising.
About the Trainer
Evan gained a Master’s Degree in Business Studies from UCD and prior to setting up The Marketing Crowd, he spent 15 years in London where he was Head of European Marketing for Yahoo! Mobile, Head of Customer and New Media marketing at Orange and Head of Direct Marketing at BT. He has extensive experience of digital marketing across web and mobile covering the Irish, UK and European markets.
Since 2010 over eight thousand business people have attended his digital marketing workshops throughout Ireland. He delivers workshops on behalf of a wide range of organisations including Development Partnerships, Chambers, Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Offices across Ireland including Local Enterprise Office Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Kilkenny, Clare, Longford, Galway, Sligo, Westmeath, Monaghan and Offaly.
9:30 – 12:30(Irish Time)