Craftlink – Green Business Programme 2023
A craft training and development program designed to support the creative sector in Offaly and Westmeath building on previous programs. This program will focus on sustainable product development, best practices in business development considering the Sustainable Development Goals, and developing meaningful partnerships and business relations with other organisations.
Why is Green Business important?
Green Business has many benefits for business and this programme is designed to help creatives begin their journey towards a sustainable future. Going Green can cut costs, improve efficiency and create healthier workplaces. It also plays a valuable role in improving brand reputation and customer loyalty. As demand for ‘green’ goods and services is increasing businesses have an opportunity to become part of this and tell their unique sustainable stories.
Where to start?
Start with this programme which is designed to give you an in- depth understanding of how your creative business can become more sustainable. It’s a step by step hands on practical approach exploring how small changes can make a big difference.
What topics are covered ?
|The Green Arts of Sustainable Business Practice
*4 sessions delivered via ZOOM
TIME – 10:00am to 12:00pm
|14/03/2022 Introduction to the Green Business Landscape and Arts-Related Initiatives. Audit existing practices in order to identify Challenges and Needs.
21/03/2023 Introduction to the Sustainable Development Goals, the framework for creating Sustainable Value for your Enterprise. Identifying the Goals that align with your Enterprise.
28/03/2023 Net Zero by 2050: Intro to Net Zero, how to measure your Carbon Footprint, Creating an Energy Action Plan.
04/04/2023Scope 3 – The Circular Economy and your Supply Chain.1:1 individual mentoring session
|Creating a Sustainability Action Plan
*Delivered onsite at The Eco School at the Factory (4 morning sessions)
TIME – 11:00am to 1:00pm
|19/04/2023 Learn about the Factory’sEco Journey
26/04/2023 Sustainability & Optimism
03/05/2023 Eco- Actions Basics
|Universal brand to promote the Green Business Programme.
*3 sessions delivered via Zoom
|Sustainable Product Development
*2 sessions delivered via Zoom
Time 10:00 to 1:00pm
|Telling your story on Social Media
*4 sessions via Zoom
|Telling your story via your website
* 2 x 1:1 sessions via ZOOM
|Creating NEW business opportunities
*2 x 1:1 mentoring sessions via Zoom
- We aim to encourage the use of sustainable materials and manufacturing practices – Circular Economy, Scope 3 Emissions.
- To educate the creative industries in Offaly and Westmeath on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and how they can be implemented into their business model. Creating Sustainable Value.
- Encourage businesses to grow and develop together in a sustainable manner. Partnership for the Goals! Capacity Building
- Banish any myths or confusion regarding best practices when developing a sustainable business.
- Develop a network of ‘ sustainably certified’ creative businesses in Offaly and Westmeath
- Teach businesses the art of storytelling specifically referencing their contribution to sustainable economic development.
- Showcase all of these businesses’ eco credentials;
- On their own websites
- On other digital platforms and social media platforms
- Using a digital flipbook to communicate with their target audience
- Develop relationships with businesses encouraging them to ‘look’ local and at handmade work when purchasing corporate gifts, therefore supporting a circular economy.
- Make it easy and convenient to purchase local, handmade, and eco-friendly products.
How to apply?
We are now asking for your expressions of interest in this programme. It is anticipated that this programme will commence on 14th March 2023 (10:00 am to 12:00 pm via ZOOM) and finish before September 2023.
Please complete the booking process – this acts as your expression of interest. It does not guarantee a place on the programme. We will be in contact with you if we require further information. All dates will be shared shortly.
This project is funded through the Leader Rural Development Programme by Offaly Local Development Company and Westmeath Community Development